Jess nominated me for the Sunshine blogger award…Thanks Jess! I love reading her blog which makes me laugh daily, and who doesn’t love a “gamer-mom”?!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and also get other bloggers to link to their website.
To accept the Sunshine Award, I have to:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to the website.
- Share 11 random facts about myself by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for me.
- List 11 bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the blogger who nominated me.)
- Let the 11 bloggers know I nominated them.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer.
My questions from Jess are…
- Who is/are your favorite author(s)? My #1 author is Anne Rice. I love her writing style and how she can fully make you believe you are really there watching the story unfold (isn’t that the point of a good book?). I have an eclectic taste in books (basically all books) so I actually have a cookbook collection, art book collection, biographies, historical, etc…
- What hobbies do you have? Thrifting/Antiquing, making/building things for my home, visiting museums/historic sites, and traveling. I’m sure there are more, but I can’t think of them right this minute!
- What is the one thing that is always guaranteed to make you smile? I know this is cheesy…but it always makes me smile when my hubs kisses me on my forehead and also my doggies make me smile.
- Do you spend too much time on the internet? Don’t we all? If I’m not on my laptop, I’m on my phone or iPad. So….yes, way too much time!
- Do you have a phobia? If so, what and why? (had to ask) Not sure if it’s a phobia, but I am not big on spiders or snakes.
- Why do you blog? For me, it’s kinda like therapy. It feels nice to get my thoughts out on
paperthe Internet. It also helps me to write about our adventures in life. I have never been able to remember life events/trips in detail so it helps to put it on my blog so I can relive those great times anytime I want.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? A little of both? I am an extremely social person. I talk to my closest friends several times a week, but there are also days when I just want to be left alone.
- Do you sing along with the radio even if other people are around? Heck yeah! I love to sing, and music is my own personal getaway. Plus, I love singing along to my favorite song with my friends and acting goofy. It makes me feel like a teenager again.
- What was your first thought when you woke up today? (yes, this was asked of me – I really liked it so now you have to answer it) Can I sleep just 30 more minutes? BTW…the answer was no because the little one (Cage) was ready to go out!
- What makes you really angry? Liars, thieves, people who abuse animals, children, and the elderly, parents who will not parent their children, and someone who has no manners/etiquette.
- What would you change about yourself, if you could? I’m not really sure I would change anything about me (I think I am pretty fantastic if I do say so myself!) But really, I would say that I would change how much I care about people. I tend to always be there for people, but when it counts, they are nowhere to be seen for me.
My nominations are…
- Life of a Yelldazy
- Atypical 60
- Sustainable Daisy
- Something Old, Something New
- The Catholic Table
- – Indie Author of Speculative Fiction for Speculative Misanthropes –
- the pARTy planning
- Journey Thru L
- Tales From 3L Hell
- changes for a better life
Here are my 11 questions for the above bloggers:
- What types of books do you like to read?
- Who is/are your favorite author(s)? Why?
- Why do you blog?
- What are your favorite weekend activities/hobbies?
- When you were little, what did you want to be? And did you?
- Where would you like to travel if time/money were not an issue?
- Where have you traveled? Favorite place?
- How do you feel about organized religion?
- Do you think people are inherently good?
- Is love at first sight real?
- Is it the quantity or quality of friends that count in life?
I can’t wait to read your responses! One love – B.